Stage 1 Fire Restrictions in Place
By Order of Sheriff David A. Weaver Stage 2 fire restrictions, have been rescinded. Stage One Fire Restrictions are still in effect.
General Guidance on Stage One restrictions follows below:
- Open burning of any kind.
- Use and sale of fireworks.
- Fires within liquid-fueled or gas-fueled stoves, fireplaces within buildings, charcoal grill fires within developed residential or commercial areas, and fires within wood burning stoves.
- Fire suppression or fire department training fires.
- Tiki torches, small recreational fires at developed picnic or campground sites contained in permanent fire pits or fire grates with flame lengths not in excess of four feet and which are supervised by a responsible person at least 21 years of age
Violation of these fire restrictions is a Class-2 Petty Offense, punishable by up to a $600.00 fine and a $22.00 surcharge.
Additional information on fire restriction stages can be located at the Douglas County Emergency Management website.