Stage 1 Fire Restrictions in Place
Sheriff Spurlock enacts Stage 1 Fire Restrictions for
Unincorporated Douglas County
General guidance on Stage 1 restrictions for Unincorporated Douglas County follows below:
- No open burning of any kind.
- No use of fireworks.
- Fires within liquid-fueled or gas-fueled stoves, fireplaces within buildings, charcoal grill fires within developed residential or commercial areas, and fires within wood burning stoves within buildings only.
- Professional fireworks displays permitted according to section 12-28-103 of the C.R.S.
- Fire suppression or fire department training fires.
- Small recreational fires at developed picnic or campground sites contained in fixed permanent metal/steel fire pits (rock fire rings are considered temporary and not permanent) with flame lengths not in excess of four feet.
- Residential use of charcoal grills, Tiki torches, fires in chimineas or other portable fireplaces or patio fire pits, as long as the fires are supervised by a responsible person at least 18 years old.
Professional fireworks displays.
Violation of these fire restrictions is a Class-2 Petty Offense, punishable by up to a $1000.00 fine and a $10.00 surcharge